The Doc (who happens to be my dad and a vet for the past 40 years) says that canned pumpkin is great if your pet has an upset stomach (do not used pumpkin pie filling) and is rich in fiber so it helps with constipation or diarrhea. Plus, it just tastes good, especially in cookies!
Hazel and Nooner like them!
PUMPKIN DROP COOKIES
You Bake 'Em Dog Biscuits Cookbook by Janine Adams
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flower
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 tablespoons applesauce
2 egg whites
1/2 cup solid pack pumpkin
1 tablespoon molasses
1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together to a cookie-dough-like consistency.
- Drop by t he teaspoonful, 1 inch apart, onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are firm.
- For harder cookies, turn off the oven and let cookies cool in the oven, 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.