I had a hard time finding napkins that I liked to use for my pictures so I decided to make my own dog-themed napkins that I knew would photograph well and would actually be used. They each took less than 10 minutes to make once I cut out all the squares so you could make a batch for yourself or a friend in half a day, if that! I made up a stack for myself and then some extras for my vet as a nice “thank you” gift for staying late on a Friday night to see us. (She’s the best!) My sewing skills are limited so I know that this will be an easy project even for beginners and you can customize it as much or as little as you want!
- Cut out any size square or rectangle that you need. (I used 10 1/2” x 10 1/2”)
- Put right sides facing together.
- Sew around all 4 sides with a 1/2” seam, leaving a 2” gap to turn inside out.
- Once turned inside out iron so the seam lays flat, tucking in the edges where you have your opening.
- Sew a 1/4” border around all 4 edges or if you are in the mood add your own binding.
I love that you can make these so quickly and they are really nice, personal gifts for a friend. You can use them to line baskets for parties or wrap up a few dog treats for a present too! You can find similar instructions here, and it shows you how to do a binding.
The iced coffee in the second row comes from a recipe I saw on The Pioneer Woman’s website. It’s highly addictive and worth making at home!