(picture via The Flying Dog Cafe on Flickr)
I've been searching Flickr and the web for more pictures of dog themed latte art for the Bark and Bites series and I am in awe of the artwork that these talented baristas can create. Every once in a while I'll get my favorite person at my local coffee shop who can add a nice little design and it really does make your morning seem like it was worthy of getting out of bed. It feels pretty good to think that someone else thinks that you are a worthy enough customer to go that extra mile and that they appreciate your business so much that they would create a masterpiece in a cup just for you. Who do you go the extra mile for? What random acts of kindness have you done this week? Well, think about it because after you check out this week's links below I have something else to ask you!
- Pull out the tissue box because you'll have tears in your eyes after reading about the 26 Random Acts of Kindness that people have been doing to honor the 26 people lost in Sandyhook.
- I found a tutorial on how to make your own latte art stencil at How About Orange!
- Check out Tex the Dachshund on Instagram! What amazing pictures! (Ok, not to be outdone Nooner was featured on Puppytales Instagram dogs too! Hee, hee!)
- Did you know that Cheerios had a recipe page on their site? Me neither! More on why I was even looking there on Saturday, but there are some yummy looking treats and trail mix ideas!
- My guilty pleasure is looking at wedding sites like Ruffled for gift ideas, party ideas, color combinations, and photography like this Mid Century Mod post.
- I am completely in awe of photographer Benj Haisch. Love the saturated colors.
- I'm not a girly-girl (well, sometimes) but The Beauty Department makes me want to be one!
- Going to try this Butternut Squash and Crispy Sage Pizza this weekend. Need to figure out if I can download Artisan Bread in Five Minutes on my ipad.
- I'll admit I bought this dachshund candy bowl and I'm glad I did because the only one left in the three stores around us has a broken foot. Tempting, foot and all.
- Design Sponge has a weekly wrap up play list and it's darn good. I'm jealous.
So, back to the 26 Random Acts of Kindness for Sandyhook. Would you want to join me in doing 1 random act next week? Can I get 26 people who would want to join me? One random act for each life that was taken. Take a picture and send it to me along with a description and I'll do a blog post on January 26th featuring all 26 acts. Come on, you can do it! Let's remember and honor those who were lost and give the people of Newtown some hope in humanity. Please share and spread the word! Thanks!