I keep going back and forth this week debating with myself if I could push a stroller down a sidewalk knowing that my dog is the one inside instead of a cute little human being. Is it weird? Have I gone too far? Will people make fun of me? Well I may have to just swallow my pride because after taking Ernie to the ER on Saturday night because he couldn't breathe we found out that he is now in heart failure mode. Long story short he can't exercise because he enlarged heart is pushing against his esophagus and he can't breathe as well, which means if we want to take him on our walks with us (and we do!) we need to find an alternative mode of transport. I tried the sling last night but the compression it caused made it very hard for him to breathe and I ended up just carrying him anyway to stretch him out. Not good for either one of us.
So I searched around and found a few strollers that I think I could actually be seen in public with that might help some of you out too if you have older dogs or injured dogs that can't walk very well:
- The Dogger looks pretty rugged and would work nicely on the trails we walk at the Marina.
- The Pet Gear Roadster holds up to 100 lbs so it will hold all three dachshunds if we needed it to!
- Now this PetEgo Comfort Wagon might be the way to go! Ernie may not get exercise but I certainly will!
- The Solvit Houndabout Pet Trailer could even fit Foyle! Bonus!
Here are more random links that I've found this week for you:
- Loved this article, How I travel with Camera Gear, by photographer Shelley Paulson.
- Found these cute dog themed tea towels and temporary tattoos on Etsy by Emily McDowell Illustration.
- I recently found a pair of the Merrill Arctic Fox 6 boots on sale and they rock! If you are planning on winter sports with your dog then get a pair of these shoes, I wore them all day in the rain in Seattle and my feet were warm and dry.
- This vintage dachshund scarf is so tempting!
- Even though the Independent Fashion Blogger site is for, well, fashion, they have so many great articles for boosting your blog content!
- I'm totally addicted to Kiehls Fig Leaf & Sage body cleanser. Light, feminine scent.
- You can create a brush with your text or even your logo on Photoshop. Saves so much time watermarking your photos!
We're teaming up with My Life In Blog Years so jump on over to Elizabeth's Bark and Bites post to see what she has found this week too!