(Photo via Angie McKaig on Flickr- check out her cute pug pictures!)
Fall has to be the best time of year for me and the dogs, and I know I've said it before, but I'll say it over and over until the first rain hits the ground. I woke up this morning to hear the heater kicking in and if you live with Newfies then you know it has to be pretty cold (relative for California I know) for someone to actually turn on the heat in the house. Usually we sit around the house with fleece hats and an extra sweater just so Foyle is more comfortable. Yes, our world revolves around our dogs, including foregoing personal comfort. But as long as we are layering on the clothing we feel it's a good time to take advantage of the weather and head outdoors to explore new haunts and hook up with our friends. Here are a few fun ideas to do in the next few months!
- Grab your dog friends and their dogs and host a Beer & Bones Tasting party! SMP has great post on how to make your own rustic tasting board! Include your favorite local brews (Baeltane is my favorite) and ask your friends to bring along a bag of their favorite dog treats so the pups can have their own tasting party too!
- Visit your local pumpkin patch! Some Newfoundland clubs actually have their dogs haul out your pumpkin to support their rescue group!
- If you are looking for new outdoor hiking areas to explore in the SF bay area then check out Weekend Sherpa! They even have a dog friendly section!
- Cool nights means warm cups of hot chocolate! How about putting a spin on your mug by serving them in an orange as seen on A Subtle Revelry, and spruce it up with these homemade marshmallows from Smitten Kitchen.
- I signed up for the Blogging Your Way e-course Intention & Style starting in November to learn more about styling & photography for my posts. The Blogging Your Way courses are so well done and there is such a large community to share new ideas with!
- If you are looking for scary movies/shows to watch then American Horror Story should be at the top of your list! Creeeeepy! But the story line is so good you have to keep watching! I dare you.
- I'm dying to try out this DIY gold cup from Poppytalk and use it for a dog water bowl instead.
So have you carved your pumpkins yet? Do you do a dog theme? I'm going to make an attempt at a few silhouettes this year.