So how many of you are breathing a sigh of relief now that your vacation has started? I am in heaven when I can wake up early and kick back with a big cup of Catahoula coffee and read through all my favorite blogs or catch up on TV shows I missed during the week. (How did I not find The Good Wife sooner?) I also need to catch up on Christmas shopping because the big day is right around the corner and I still need a few more gifts. Usually I just run down to the store for some generic wrapping paper but this year I think I'd like to put a unique twist on my packages. So for this week's Bark and Bites I've rounded up some great DIY ideas that will help all of us "wrap up" those last minute gifts in style!
- SallyJShim has 12 days of packaging posts if you want easy, but unique packaging ideas. Day No. 4 has me craving homemade caramels.
- Love this new spin on the chalkboard theme with this Christmas Chalkboard Packaging from Coming Home to Roost.
- If you forgot to buy gift tags hop on over to my board, Free Printables! so you can customize your present depending your friend's style. These DIY wood veneer tags would look great with a paw print!
- Grab a red pen and make your own gift wrap like the hohoho wrap on Aprons and Camera Straps.
- Do you have any fun snow day pictures with your pup? Follow this DIY Winter Scene topper project and make it personal.
- Replace the deer on these clothespin tags with your favorite dog.
- I like this idea if you have vintage dog photos and holiday ribbon.
If you are scrambling to find the perfect gift and are in the San Francisco area then head over to the Renegade Craft Fair and you won't be disappointed. Over 250 vendors with unique, hand made gifts that you won't want to part with. We found cute dog themed, hand printed tiles and rubber stamps from woodblock artist Ayu Tomikawa for all our dog friends!