(Photo via rytc from Flickr)
I'm curious to know if you are a rule follower or a rule breaker when it comes to leaving your dog on leash when technically required to do so?
We're lucky to have quite a few off leash areas where I live so usually we head to one of those, but wouldn't you know it the minute I let my dogs off leash in the picnic area of the park (which technically isn't allowed) out pops a police officer! Now this was when Foyle was a puppy and we were heading up to the off leash area of the park when I was practicing recalls so they all came running when I called them, and I had their leashes around my neck, but I was really more worried that I would get nailed for walking four dogs instead of the limit of three. Luckily the cop was pretty nice, and Foyle was pretty cute in all his puppiness, so he just said I needed a dog walker's license if I was going to walk more than three dogs and he let me off with a warning. Phew! That was close but now I'm really paranoid and going through the process of getting an official permit because all the parks we walk in are run by the same park system.
So, here are a few rules and regulations regarding your dog(s) in various San Francisco and bay area parks:
- East Bay Park System dog rules.
- Areas to walk your dog in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area.
- If you are following the GGNRA Dog Management Plan here's an update.
- Marin County Parks regulations.
- One of our favorite off leash parks.
Ok, now for some fun links that I found over the weekend:
- These DIY drool towels are going to make the best gifts for my Newfie friends.
- I want to take a tour of Dandelion Chocolate in San Francisco! Oh, and eat a lot of chocolate while I'm there.
- I really like this blog, especially this post on packing for a trip.
- Love, Genevieve has a wonderful collection of photographs.
- I'm going to try out these homemade Larabars this weekend.
- This "First Draft" poster made me laugh out loud so hard I woke up the dogs. So true, so true. I'm going to find one and hang it up at work.
- So glad I switched to Squarespace and so is Our City Lights.
- I forgot I was going to make this Broccoli Bite recipe tonight. Darn, I'm hungry.
- Foyle is playing with this genius toy right now.
- Ummm, duh, I didn't think they really needed to research this did they? Just look at one of my Instagram photos from tonight.
- Can't stop reading Moorea Seal and especially her list of blogs to read.
- Blog advice can't hurt so I think I may try this exercise out.
So, do you follow the local rules when it comes to leashing your dog? When do you break the rules? What do you do if you see other people breaking the rules?