(Photo via Brandon Bills on Flickr)
With four dogs in our house it's never really clean and I have this fantasy that I'll walk in the door and it will smell like lavender and light will stream in through the windows reflecting on the clean floors. And then I snap out of it and start vacuuming the dog hair from the corners, cleaning the drool off of the couches, and shaking the covers off the dog beds to go in the wash. Well, spring is here and that means that you probably have wet, stinky, shedding dogs running all over your house depositing as much dirt and hair as they can manage so here are a few of my favorite solutions to help make that spring cleaning healthier for your family, and hopefully a little bit easier. (Check out My Life In Blog Years for even more spring cleaning tips!)
- I've heard that the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is the best for getting drool off of your walls and ceiling.
- I wouldn't mind cleaning drool off windows if they smelled like this lavender smelling DIY recipe.
- Baking soda is great for carpets, but here is a better DIY carpet powder.
- I'm definitely going to try this soap scum mixture on the dog crates!
- Get ready to clean those spots off your carpet with this spray.
- We use this pet hair remover brush in the dog car and it works amazingly well.
- Olive oil may get those scratches from dog nails out of your leather sofa.
- Here's a great all purpose cleaner with only three ingredients!
- Organize your cleaner recipes on this printable sheet.
- This is a great alternative to buying air fresheners. Definitely good for stinky dogs!
Maybe I'll get my lavender-smelling (or peppermint-smelling) house after all! If you're lucky enough to have another person give you a hand with the cleaning then you'll have time to check out these great sites this week:
- Dachshunds Elfi and Ferdi caught my attention on Flickr, but they lead to the amazing blog Good Things.
- I'm downloading this app right now to make my own Roy Lichtenstein!
- Love these dog and animal illustrations!
- This site has some good tips and tricks for photography.
- I keep hearing more and more about Vine so I looked up a few tips here, here, and here.
If you have a favorite DIY cleaner that you use please let us know! I tried out using vinegar to kill weeds and it actually worked! Perfect for the dog yard!