(picture via cobaltgrl on Flickr)
The first time I saw an original Doggie Diner head it was at a friend's warehouse in San Francisco and they were storing it for a friend of theirs who drove around with three of them in the back of his truck. We had brought Ernie with us to the party, being the proud new dog parents that we were, and got a picture with him in front of one of the heads. For the life of me I can't find it, but now I'm on a mission this weekend to see what Ernie looked like when he was a wee pup of 5 years! Dachshunds are iconic and although I really dislike having tchotchkes around my house (why have more things to clean?) I absolutely love vintage dachshund items! So I've rounded up a few of my favorites that I own myself and a few new ones that I wish I could own! Also, jump on over to Elizabeth's blog, My Life In Blog Years, and see what she's linked up to today!
- I adore children's books with dachshund illustrations and would love to add more to my collection, especially this book.
- I broke my snack holder (sniff, sniff) but this vintage snack holder would be a great replacement!
- I have this ring holder that currently holds.....um.....junk. I guess I need to change that.
- I found this dresser caddy from the 60's at a garage sale!
- I've been trying to track down this vintage looking tea towel illustrated by Allana Cavanagh but I still can't find it.
- I can picture this cookie jar from Anthropologie becoming a collector's item.
- I think this stuffed dachshund, H.P. Dachshund would be a sweet gift that would become a kid's BFF.
- This dachshund fabric, or this, or this one which I have, would make a nice quilt like this design, from the book Dare To Be Square, for a homemade keepsake.
- Better yet, get some photos of your dachshund like the vintage ones found on this Pinterest page!
Other links that I've found this week:
- Started reading the blog Pink of Perfection and I can't stop! Great writing that captures her true inner life.
- I love this post by Yes and Yes, What Kind of 65 Year Old Do You Want to Be?
- Teapigs Darjeeling tea. Do you drink it for the name or the dachshund on the package?
- Check out this new-to-me design and lifestyle blog.
- Did you know you can make your own waxed canvas camera bag?