The weather is getting warmer which means that we'll be spending more time hanging out with the dogs at our favorite local haunts like the PupHut around the corner where the dogs can get a dog too! The San Francisco Bay area is the one of the best places live if you have a dog because there are so many outdoor activities and dog friendly stores that you can enjoy. We tend to cover a majority of the north bay every day between home, work, and commuting but I've found that where we live in the east bay has a more "real, urban, hip, funky" vibe to it which seems to reflect in how people live with their dogs too. So, I've rounded up a list of links that you may want to venture out and see for yourself:
- Cesar Chavez Park at the Berkeley Marina- The best dog park for off-leash running in my opinion. Wide open, winding trails right along the water with great people and great dogs to play around with at the park.
- Holistic Hound in Berkeley- Natural pet food store with a great selection of treats and dog gear. Best part is that it is right next to Berkeley's Gourmet Ghetto where you can do some serious shopping!
- Chow in Walnut Creek has a big outdoor seating area and they even bring a water bowl for your dog! Foyle loves hanging out on the patio and their lunch menu is amazing.
- We are definitely taking the dogs on Tilden's Toy Train now that I know they'll allow them on the 12 minute ride through the park.
- If you are in to wine tasting then Livermore is the place to go with your dog!
- If you want to hang with your friends and your dogs while drinking a pint then check out the Heart and Dagger Saloon in Oakland.
- Dog Bone Alley in Alameda has the nicest staff and their store is full of fun dog gear!
- Wind down on Friday nights at the Bark and Brew at Murphy's Paw in Pleasanton. I know for a fact that they have a Newfie on board at that store too!
- Looking for a place to Camp with your dog? Del Valle Regional Park is a very dog-friendly area (and you can even see the Newfie club train for their water test on Sundays during the summer) with nice amenities and a fabulous lake to swim in!
- When we want to get our friends and all our dogs together for a quick overnight camping trip we rent a couple of spots at Lake Chabot Regional Park.
We'll be hunting down more dog friendly places and hang-outs in the bay area so stay tuned this summer! If you find a good coffee shop to hang out with your pup then please let me know!