It's back up to 77 degrees so my Snackerday treat, Mango-Melon Munchies, are going to be delicious and cooling later this afternoon! With all the research and recipes from this week's Bark and Bites (check out Elizabeth's finds also!), and the tempting piles of watermelon showing up at grocery stores, I thought that this recipe would be perfect! Oh, and so easy to make!
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1 mango (or 1 cup of fruit of your choice)
- 1 cup orange juice
- Peel and cube watermelon and mango
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until there are no more watermelon chunks.
- Pour into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Enjoy with your dogs! (they are pretty tasty)
Even Foyle ate these munchies and he does not like fruit at all! I made two sizes, one for the dachshunds and one larger one for Foyle. This is a great way to get your dog to ingest more water, and if you have a dog like Foyle that has kidney disease you can get at least an extra cup or so which can make a big difference! Enjoy!
As always, check with your veterinarian before giving these to your dogs in case of allergies or dietary restrictions.