Do you remember when you first pulled your camera out to take a few pictures of your dogs for your blog? Ok, now how many pictures do you take of your dogs each month? I've had dogs for the past 12 years and I can't believe I didn't pick up a camera sooner to capture all those puppy moments that I wish I had on film now. I feel like I missed out on a lot of good moments just because I didn't know how to use a camera and was too intimidated by film and manual mode to practice. Now, I love using manual mode and learning new techniques through other photographers on the web! Each Sunday I try and post some new-to-me tips on the Black and White Sunday blog hop but here are some of my favorite books, blogs, and tips in a more condensed form:
- Pet Photography Now! by Paul Walker
- Photographing Dogs: Techniques for Professional Digital Photographers by Lara Blair
- Beyond Snapshots by Rachel Devine and Peta Mazey (very easy to understand the basics of shooting on manual mode)
Blogs & Dog Photographers:
- Scruffy Dog Photography, check out an interview with Illona!
- Amanda Jones Photography
- Charlotte Reeves Photography
- Kim Hartz Photography and the Paw Print Divas (I'm dying to take one of their classes!)
Sites & Tips:
- Photographing Pets: Pet Photography Tips and Tricks- great tips for what camera settings to use.
- Teresa Berg's Five Tips for Better Dog Photography on Dogster.
- How to Edit Dog Photographs Using Photoshop Actions: 3 Looks by MCP Actions
- Photographing Black Dogs by Woof Factory
- Happy Tails Pet Photography
What to do With Those Photographs:
- I started a Pinterest board Ideas For Hanging Photographs so click on over and see if you get inspired by any of those layouts!
- How To: Make Giant Art Prints from 17 Apart
- Photojojo: Insanely Great Photo Projects and DIY Ideas. A book full of fun ideas to do with your photographs
So shift your camera into manual mode and start having some fun! We're teaming up with Elizabeth from My Life In Blog Years so jump on over and see her Bark and Bites list for dog photography tips also!