"Happy Father's Day to all the dog dads out there!"
Welcome to NewfandHound's picture for the Black and White Sunday blog hop! Special thanks to our hosts: My Life In Blog Years, Dachshund Nola, and You Did What With Your Wiener! Please see one of their wonderful blogs for the rules of joining the blog hop and the links!
I screwed up big time on Thursday by accidentally erasing all my pictures for several new posts! Usually I'm very good about saving my photos off of my card immediately after a shoot and I always check the last set before I reformat my card. I checked, but forgot that I didn't save the previous two shoots, just the last one! After several hours of cursing I did some research on how to attempt to get your pictures back once you've deleted them off of your card and found that it might actually be possible! (but sadly not for me this time, lesson learned) Here's what I found:
- If possible, DO NOT take any more pictures on the card. You will overwrite any of your previous photos and more than likely will not be able to recover the deleted shots or they will be corrupt. Very important.
- How to UnDelete & Recover Files on a Memory Card video by yutubemedia.
- Pandora Recovery and SoftPerfect File Recovery from video above. (note that I have not downloaded these so I can't vouch for their safety for your computer)
- How to Recover Deleted Photos From an SD Card (Mac version)
- How to Recover Lost Images by Digital Photography School
Do you know of any other recovery techniques? Have you ever erased memorable pictures? Did you cry like I did??