The advantage of getting up at 5:00 am to go work out is that now I have an entire lunch hour to peruse Pinterest, and yesterday I enthusiastically took the entire hour scouring dog illustrations. What a fantastic world of whimsy, imagination, and creativity where dogs are transformed into more adorable versions of their breed or broken down into their basic geometric elements and reassembled. I love the unique style that each artists has and the personal angle they bring to each study which is usually based on their own lovable dogs at home.
Of course I started a new board simply named Dog Illustrations/Art so I could share my finds with everyone, but the illustrations above are some of my favorites. I'm partial to dachshunds obviously, but even more partial to illustrations with a 50's or 60's vibe to them due to the angular, clean lines and the bright colors. I've been collecting vintage children's books with dog themes for the graphics for several years now just to admire the illustrations and the nostalgia that comes from era.
Here are the illustrators behind these prints:
- Dogs and Cars series by Emanuelle Walker
- Dog on a Walk by Roxanne Daner
- Horatio's Christmas by Colleen Madden
- Wiener Dog fabric print by Heather Ross
- Maira Kalman- illustrator of children's books and illustrations for the New Yorker
- Long Dog series by Andrea Tsurumi
- Worldwide Challenge Commission by João Lauro Fonte
- La Patisserie by Emma Block
- New City cover by Pam Wishbow
Do you have a favorite artist or Pinterest board featuring dog art?