This week's Bark and Bites post seems entirely fitting considering the historic decision by the Supreme Court in regards to Proposition 8 and DOMA that was made yesterday! Now, more than ever is a great time to include your own best four-legged friend in your nuptuals, provided your dog is at ease at such venues, and truly embrace the fact that your dog(s) are part of your union also! Plus, it's so much fun to see how creative couples get in incorporating their dogs in their weddings; whether they are part of the procession or the reception they are definitely part of our lives and shouldn't be left out if possible!
I had so much fun walking my best friend's dog, Deeker, down the isle when she married her partner (fist pump again for the Supreme Court ruling!) that we still talk about it 10 years later. So, I've rounded up a list of ideas and suggestions to help you make your dog the "best man" or "maid of honor"!
- First things first, let's go over pet etiquette and how to include your pet in your plans.
- Who says you can't have a pet-themed bridal shower too?
- Accessories like this tie, this tulle collar, or this bow tie (or even a bow tie & collar) can be easily customized to match your maids or men. Then there's this ribbon collar that makes me go "awwww". (scroll down)
- What about the cake? Dogs like cake too, but maybe they would be better off as cake toppers like this and this from Pokeberry Patch on Etsy. Or go for the custom needle felted topper!
- Need an idea for your photographer? I found these Pinterest boards by Exclusively Weddings, The Married App, and Twisted Cow, and these ideas from Style Me Pretty, and The Knot.
- This is the sweetest invitation design and wedding featuring a dog theme! Modern and classy!
- Talk about classy, I love the idea of a charity favor for your guests where you give a donation to your favorite dog charity on their behalf.
We didn't have our dogs when we got married but I'm curious if you included your dog in your wedding! Any tips to give other readers?