"Lined up and leashed"
Welcome to the Black and White Sunday blog hop! Thanks to our hosts: You Did What With Your Wiener, My Life In Blog Years, and Dachshund Nola! Please see on of their amazing blogs for the rules and more information on how to join in on the hop!
I was reading some of the comments on other blogs last week and a lot of people don't know how to switch their point and shoot, or DSLR, over to a black and white setting. Well, don't fret because most professionals don't recommend using that in-camera setting and suggest doing the conversion in another program such as Picasa, Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, or Lightroom. The in-camera settings tend to be too flat so here are some tips using different programs to go from color to black and white:
- List of free photography software to help with your conversions by PopPhoto.com.
- Shoot in RAW if you have a DSLR to have full control over editing your photo.
- You can use Picasa with tutorials like this.
- If you are using Photoshop Elements this tutorial, An Adjustable Black and White Conversion in Photoshop Elements will help make your B&W photo come alive!
- There are several ways to convert to black and white in Photoshop, here is a great list of variations from Photoshop Essentials.