This week's Bark and Bites post is centered around one of my favorite items to splurge on- stationery! I love the tactile feel of paper not to mention sitting down and actually writing a letter to a friend which seems like a rare treat these days. When I heard that they are no longer going to teach kids cursive in school, at least in California, I thought that it was so sad that one of the most beautiful and individualistic forms of expression will disappear in the next generation.
So, to encourage all you dog lovers out there to get out a pen or pencil and hand write a letter to a friend or family member I've rounded up some very cool dog themed stationery and office supplies for you to use. The best part is that they are all original illustrations or hand made, making it even more special!
- Collect all your thoughts and ideas in the Thirsty Dog, hand pulled, screenprint notebook by Ink Lounge Creative.
- Write in this cute hand printed Sausage Dog card by Snowden in the U.K.
- These little matchstick notebooks by Hannah Art are individually hand made and feature hand drawn illustrations! They are the perfect stocking stuffer!
- I've been eyeing this custom address stamp by Lush Prints for so long now!
- Perk up your writing desk with this cute 2014 dachshund calendar by Lizzy Clara!
- Seal up your letters with these adorable Long Dogs Sticker set from Kara Burke Illustrations. Check out her cute pillows too!
- If you are really into hand made items then these fun hand stitched bookmarks made by Sleeping Fox Stitchery could be used as gift tags too!
- If you would like to create your own stationery out of photographs then hop over to last week's Bark and Bites post. Many of those companies listed also offer custom stationery!