Last weekend we went over to Oakland to the Jack of All Trades market that is every second Sunday to see what vendors they had since it's the same group that puts on the Treasure Island Flea Market which I liked a lot. The bonus was that you can bring your dogs into the market with you, the let-down was that I wasn't too impressed with the vendors that were there with the exception of the food trucks. Those were amazing, especially Dora's Donuts! Handmade while you wait, and believe me it is worth it to have those warm drops of sweetness sticking to your hands! Even Ernie chowed down a few!
We ended up running into a couple that typically has a booth at this show and they said that usually the vendors are outside and lined up all the way down the square when the weather is warmer. So, we will try it again but it gave me an idea for this week's list to link to some great craft/vintage/antique markets. Here is what is available in the bay area:
- Alameda Point Antiques Faire (every 1st Sunday)
- Treasure Island Flea (last weekend of the month)
- Jack of All Trades, Oakland (every 2nd Saturday)
- Renegade Craft Fair, San Francisco (other cities too!)
- Oakland Art Murmur First Friday walk
- The Oakland Museum of CA has one of the largest rummage sales coming up on January 26th!
Other great links I've found this week:
- Funky dachshund mounted head that comes as a printable that you cut out and put together by Lagniappe Too.
- The blog Pinterest Told Me To is cracking me up. Brilliant idea though to model outfits pinned by people!
- Drinkify suggests what to do drink depending on what you are listening to.
- Hooked on the Masterpiece TV show Mr. Selfridge! (Jeremy Piven didn't hurt either)
- Check out this Dogboarding video by Daniels (don't worry, no dogs were hurt!)
- Love this winter essential wardrobe from Unruly Things
- Beautiful photographs on the blog La Porte Rouge (not to mention the Pyr!)
Do you have a favorite flea market or fair in your neck of the woods that you would like to share? Please let us know! More photography links coming up this Sunday for everyone! Have a good week!