I think that spring has finally hit northern California which means that last weekend the dachshunds were enjoying running around the backyard in the rain and the mud, which also means that our house was a mess. Every pillow had a half circle of mud along with a few paw prints where they had curled up trying to get warm for a nap. Then of course is the wet dog smell that seems to travel with you from the house to the car and then to work. But the best part of the rain is hanging out all day in your "comfort clothes" aka pajamas with your dog(s) in your lap just browsing blogs or catching up on movies. Life is good!
So, that is exactly what I did on Sunday and here are a few of my favorite links that I've found to share with all of you so when your rainy/snow/bad weather day hits you have a list ready to go!
- Irrelephant blog- great site with gorgeous photographs, a few dog DIY projects, and amazing hairstyles to try out.
- Keep Your Dog Stimulated On a Rainy Day by Dognition (another good blog) is a great post full of ideas and links on how to entertain your dog when you can't go outside for a walk or run. Love the Nina Ottosson games and we've pulled ours out already.
- A New Normal: Ten Things I Learned About Trauma- I have been so grateful for all the comments left after Foyle's passing and this article helped me appreciate those comments and sentiments even more. Just being there for someone really does mean so much!
- Vampire Academy & Bitten books- I'm not big on Vampire movies since the entire Twilight blitz but a friend lent me both of these series and the writing and story line is incredible!! Can't stop reading them! If you are a fan of vampires, werewolves, witches you have to read these series.
- Tuscan Bean and Kale Soup with Farro- Rain means comfort food and any soup sounds good right now!
- Breanna Rose- learning more about blogging and graphic design on this blog.
- Grilled Cheese- goes perfect with that tomato soup.
- Katie Armour Personal Style Board- love her pins for the casual but hip styles.
- DIY Wobble Board on a new-to-me blog Notes From a Dog Walker.
- Nicole Mlakar pet photographer- great pet photographer! Nicely laid out website.
How have you been entertaining yourself and your dogs during rain/snow days?