Today's Black and White Sunday is dedicated to all the dog dads out there who help keep our four-legged kids healthy, happy, and well loved! Nooner is definitely a daddy's girl and gets the prize seat in the house every night....on demand!
Special thanks to our hosts for Black and White Sunday, Sugar the Golden Retriever and Dachshund Nola! Please see one of their blogs for more information on the blog hop.
Many of us are packing our bags and heading out for summer vacations so when I came across these posts I thought they would be a great resource to share with everyone.
- 11 Travel Photography Tips To Get You Through Summer on DIY Photography
- How To Keep Camera Gear Safe While Traveling by Digital Photography School
- Tips I've read on how to backup your photos while traveling:
- Use smaller memory cards like 8GB in case you lose or accidentally delete photos because then you haven't lost everything you've shot on your trip.
- Mail your memory cards back to yourself in padded envelopes, registered mail, to a family member or friend instead of your own in case someone realizes you are gone. (it does happen, our mailbox was broken in over one Christmas vacation.)
- Upload your photos to cloud storage that you set up prior to leaving on vacation.
- Download your photos to your own laptop if you travel with one. Copy them onto an external hard drive also.
- Backup onto a portable memory card viewer/reader like the Hyperdrive Colorspace UDMA or Digital Foci.
- Backup online photo storage site like SmugMug or Flickr.
- Don't forget to bring your card reader to be able to do transfer all your photos!
Enjoy your travels and take lots of pictures with the dogs too!