The days are getting shorter and the leaves are starting to fall off of the trees which makes me want to burrow down into the covers more and more each morning! Last night our power went off so it was an easy excuse to stay in bed this morning and say "well, my alarm didn't go off so I'm not going to the gym!" but instead it started this odd, light beeping and wouldn't stop no matter what button I hit so by the time I got up to basically throw it out the door I was awake. I used the light of my phone to get dressed and thought "if I'm actually making the effort then they better have power at the gym or PG&E is going to hear from me!"
So this week's Bark and Bites post is dedicated to all of you who make the effort to put in the time and get some daily exercise, with or without your dogs! Booya!
- Work out With Your Dog by Women's Health Magazine
- Leash Your Fitness- classes where you work out with your dog
- 6 Best Exercises to Do With Your Dog by Pawnation (I like the reverse lunges with paw)
- Rain or Shine 10 Ways to Engage Your Dog Indoors by Dogster
- I really like the Fit Sugar 5 Minute Workouts, I tried this ab/back workout this morning and it felt great afterwards. Plus I can watch them right on my phone!
- I'm also getting a lot of tips from the Pumps & Iron blog too. Anything I can also do at home is a bonus!
Here are a few more fun links that I've found so far this week:
- I just chopped my hair off so I need more options like this Short Hair Twist at Garland of Grace. (Trying to collect more ideas here too.)
- Legal Guide For Bloggers- great resource!
- Check out this cute dachshund mobile case cover by The Wonder Forest
- The Minimalist's Wardrobe has so many incredibly good ideas on pulling together a cohesive look with just a few items of clothing.
- Whole Grain Beer Mustard recipe on Spoon Fork Bacon
- I found these Zipzicle bags at Cost Plus for making cold dog treats, plus I found this Dachshund Cutting Board there too! Score!
Well, I'm off to pack up my gym bag and clothes for tomorrow. I'm telling you, it works to have everything in your car and ready to go in the morning. Less excuses!