Is winter over already here in California? I looked up at our fruit trees in our front yard the other day and noticed that they are already budding and my salvia was blooming again! I'm longing for the rains that northern California had in December because everything seemed to come alive and calm down at the same time in the bay area. The hills turned a lush green color, the streams were flowing full, and the dogs were happy sniffing for hours in the fresh grass. I loved the rain because it was the perfect excuse to bundle up under the covers and spend the afternoon reading and binging on tv shows! If you are cooped up because of the cold weather hitting the rest of the U.S. and around the world then feel free to check out some of my favorite links that I read over the holidays:
- Delicious! A Novel by Ruth Reichl which made me immediately read her books Tender at the Bone and Comfort Me With Apples. Truly wonderful writing and what an insight into the farm to table movement that started here in California.
- PopSugar Fitness website and Strong Fitness Magazine: this site is my go-to for quick workouts that I can bring up on YouTube at the gym, and Strong seems much more focused on exercise than most magazines out there. I find that the more I inundate myself with health tips and exercises the more I stick to it.
- Justified and the Peaky Blinders series: This is the trick to getting through that 30 minute treadmill workout. Does anyone else seem to have an accent after watching either one of these show? Ha!
- The Wonder Forest has designed iphone cases with dachshunds on them! Sweet!
- How to Print on Tags by Design Editor
- Sacramento Street blog for relaxed, modern, achievable design.
- No Plastic Sleeves website: Amazing resource of graphic design and print material.
- Photography Awesomesauce: Full of great business and technical tips for photographers.
- Kathyrn Schauer Photography pet portraits: So inspiring, beautiful photos!
- The Plumed Nest blog: Love this Gallery Wall Inspiration post
- Kara Layne & Co. photography and design studio: Really like her relaxed family shoots so I signed up for her subscription. What a resource for photographers!
- Andrew Edwards photography: Hard to describe his style but to me it's so rich and earthy! Dying to know what his actions or presets are that he uses!
- How To Build a World Class Design Portfolio by Fast Company: I think anyone in any sort of design capacity could learn from these tips!
Forecast is sunny weather for this weekend......again. Well, no more excuses to stay inside so I might as well enjoy it while I can. See you on the trails!