I know most of you are probably cursing the cold weather and snow right now so I thought I'd leave you with a Bark and Bites list that will take a bit of the sting out of staying inside this weekend if you have to. Take advantage of hunkering down with a book or your computer instead of feeling guilty like I am for being inside today while the sun is shining trying to finish just one...more....thing before I walk the dogs. I did manage to take them out for coffee with me, give them a bath, and do their nails so they look presentable for the checkup at the vet yesterday though! At least I got out of the house which is always a plus for me.
Does anyone else prep their dog before they go to the vet? I always seem to get "the look" when they find that one mat I didn't cut out, or that their nails haven't been done in a while, or that their teeth haven't been brushed so I've started to take my friend's advice on doing a full on grooming session before we go in. (This is from a friend who always grooms her Newfoundland before going to the vet so if she can do it I certainly can!) The dogs feel better, I feel better, and the vet thinks I'm an awesome pet parent! (well, most of the time but I won't tell if you don't tell)
Ok, now for the Bark and Bites list:
- Local Milk is my new favorite food blog! Stunning, beautiful photographs and tempting recipes. Check out Beth's portfolio!
- Houndworthy's board, Hounds In History, is one of my favorites on Pinterest right now! How do they find these?! Check them out on Instagram and of course their store.
- I want to fly over to England just to do an equine photography workshop with Emily Hancock. I can't get over how wonderful her photographs are!
- Hubspot has a plethora of marketing tips and advice. A quick way to brush up on any topic or issue you may be hitting.
- I thought that Rylee Hitchner's photographs of this maternity session with the family Mastiff was the sweetest! Aw, makes me want an XXL dog again!
- I'm suddenly looking up everything there is to read about Cushing's Disease since the vet saw an increase in ALP in Hazel's blood work! Trying not to panic yet but apparently it is very common in Dachshunds.
- I'm going to try out this Overnight Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal recipe tonight and see if I can bare to eat oatmeal again after 40 years. (When my mom was in the hospital after my little brother was born my dad was in charge of breakfast and he burnt the oatmeal one morning. I never ate it again. I seriously gag on it, but the health benefits are too good to keep passing it up.)
- I really like the workouts on Pumps & Iron! I pin them then pick which one I want to do each time I go to the gym. The core exercises are working their magic!
- Speaking of health benefits, I've been researching meal prepping as a way to eat healthier more consistently and I love it! Spend 1/2 a day cooking for an entire week of breakfasts and lunches. Saves time, money, and is so much healthier.
- I'm going to whip up a batch of these No Bake Dog Treats for the girls this weekend too.
- If only they had this Labrador embossing rolling pin for Dachshunds also!
- What a cute dog scarf for spring!
Well, that's it for today. I'm going offline to enjoy some "me and the dogs" time. Enjoy your weekend!
P.S.- I got a compliment from the vet that my dogs' nails were trimmed! She says that most Dachshund owners don't keep up with their nails which leads to back problems. Ya me!