I realized today that my Bark and Bites list is extremely long which means I haven't shared any good finds on the web lately! Talk about sharing, the Mr. here is more than happy to share his jerky with our crew to get them to pose or run for photographs, and Cody was more than happy to take his share of it and then some!
The trick in bribing your dogs for the camera is to find a treat that you don't mind eating as well to keep your hands free for the camera, or in my case to keep from falling into the lake, and for quick access when you need it. I've tried bags and pockets but I end up forgetting the bag or Hazel chews up my pants to get at the treats I've left behind, so if I use jerky it's gone in one way or another by the end of the session. Teriyaki jerky seems to do the trick for us, plus it just tastes so good!
Now here is something for you to chew on this weekend as well:
- Bored with your normal dog walk? Check out 7 tips to change it up. We've been exploring the UC Berkeley campus this week.
- One way to escape the heat here in CA is to dive into a redwood grove for a walk!
- Totally digging these dog bandana from Animalkind
- I'm thinking that this raised wood glass holder could be converted to hold photos instead
- 10 new photos every 10 days at Unsplash (gorgeous by the way) and they are free to download
- How to Make Colors Come to Life in Photoshop tutorial by Phlearn
- Learn Calligraphy For a Latte is a great series, and it's the same price as a cup of coffee!
- The secret to filling food tubes for dog training- these are great for big dogs
- Love this DIY Pinterest board: Aspirations:DIY
- Making this Bourbon-honey peach galette tonight for a dinner party. Yum!
- Going to start trying to do more yoga at work to stretch out my back. Sitting is the new smoking folks!
Well, I'm off to bake a new batch of cookies and to give this jerky recipe a try. Have a great weekend and enjoy those long summer days!